Sunday, 17 June 2007

I'm still here!

It's two weeks before I leave on my big adventures and I thought it was time to figure out how this blog thing really works before I really get started. Thanks Hilary for setting it up and all the pointers. My little 4 year old computer seems to be less inclined in being helpful in the whole process but I'm finding ways to work around that.

So I'm still here and have a million things to do in the next few weeks. I finally sold my place at the end of May and now I've got to get it all packed up and moved out, addresses changed, things figured out (like how the storage of my furniture gets organized)... It's a little overwhelming.

It's great to get to see as many of my people as I can before I leave. Cathy's Guam good-bye party was very nice yesterday. They even all got their teasing in... but Martha's now wearing Birkenstocks!! The BBQ with my boarding home friends was lovely. I can't believe I won't be seeing those guys for a long time. Devi charged me with a project to work on while I'm away so that I can bring it back and share it with them. It's a pretty good idea. I think it can work. The Hilariter party last weekend was great fun as choir parties always are; eating, talking, and singing of course. I can't imagine not singing there next year. Actually there are a lot of things I can't imagine at the moment.

My dad's turning 80 this week! My brother and our friend Luise (she's 92!) are coming from Germany today. It'll be the first time our family has been all together really in a long time. I'm looking forward to that. The last time I saw Mark was when I visited him in Berlin in his 4th-floor-no-elevator pad, 3 summers ago with my broken foot. That was an adventure. Party on the weekend in St C. I'll get to see lots of family and friends there then too.

Staff party on the last day of school and then I'm practically off. There are only 8 more days of school!! We have rehearsals all weekend in Kitchener right before we leave. I think my big packing and moving out days will be that Thursday and Friday. Anyone looking for something to do then is welcome to come and help. And so, really, the adventure has essentially begun.

2 comments:

Antje said...

Hallo Karin
Spannend, ich wünsche Dir ein super Jahr und freue mich jetzt schon auf ein Wiedersehen. Der Sekt steht schon im Kühlschrank!XXX Antje

Moo said...

Bon Voyage Karin. I will miss you very much!

Evan