I spent 12 days with my parents on an Alaska cruise. That was my final hurrah of this marvelous year off. My mother has always talked about wanting to go to Alaska, ever since she was 20 in fact, and had read a book that took place there. When our original travel idea fell through I came up with the Alaska cruise idea. We didn’t invite my father along at first because he usually gets cold at the sound of the word Alaska. But when he heard of our plans and our route and our modes of transportation, he decided he wanted to come too. I told him he wouldn’t be allowed to complain about the cold. And he was very good about it! We spent 7 days cruising up the coast from Vancouver to Whittier by ship. And then 4 days by train and bus from Whittier to Fairbanks.
The best way to tell you about Alaska I think would be through photos. It was absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. Even though it was mostly cold and rainy and often foggy, it helped to add to the beauty of the wilderness and the ruggedness. It's hard to pick which photos to share.
Cruising the Inside Passage.
Cruising the Inside Passage.
Misty Juneau mountain.
White Pass train, Skagway
Fireweed
Yukon mountains
Glacier Bay
Glacier Bay
College Fjord glaciers all in a row.

Beautiful views from the train.
Mother and child at Denali National Park
No comments:
Post a Comment