Meet Sebastian. Our new baby Schemeit. He was born Sat May 16 at 5:40pm. Mark and Natalie are very happy. He's very sweet and beautiful. We spent last weekend doing baby birthing things, waiting at the hospital, helping feed Mark, getting them things they needed, wondering, waiting. It was a long delivery. We hung out at Natalie's parents for a while and had dinner there, waiting for the phone call. That was fun family time. And then we went up to the hospital to see him. Just 3 hours old. So beautiful and sweet sleeping skin to skin on his mother's chest.
Mark is very happy. I haven't seen him so happy in a long time, maybe ever?? He's amazed and in awe and proud and so in love with the baby. Both of them said the very next day that it seems like Sebastian has already always been with them and they can't imagine life without him. It's so lovely to see. And I'm glad I was able to be involved in a little part of the day. My mother and I went up the next day to the hospital for a little visit and I brought him the quilt that I made. And I got to hold him for the first time. So small and beautiful. And I got to help deal with his first poo. A very messy, sticky poo.
They're home since Tuesday. Oma is staying with them for a while to help them all get settled and used to a routine with each other. And I've been to visit a couple of times. Natalie announced that I must be the best aunt in the world. I accept that. Best aunt in the world, that's a good lot in life.

2 comments:
Absolutely adorable. Nice to see the finished quilt, beautiful!
Dear Karin, found your address you gave me in Marangu last year, you remember? Congratulations with all the happy things in your life. I'll be back soon. Will send you the picture I promised. If you want you can find me on facebook. (Or Hyves)
Elisabeth Teeuwen.
See you soon.
Post a Comment