Friday, 8 February 2013

Snow Day

It’s a snow day today in Toronto and all of southern Ontario for that matter.  Plus it’s heading to the east coast.  But I can only comment on Toronto since this is where I am.  It’s been snowing all day and shows no sign of stopping.  They’re talking about 25 cm +.  Now since we live in Canada, this really shouldn’t be news.  I find it exciting though, because we so rarely get good dumps of snow in Toronto anymore.  As Silke, Rainier & Ann can attest to, it’s quite disappointing when you miss out on the great experience.  Winters without snow are just grey and drab.  No wonder people complain about winter blahs!  Fresh dumps of snow, especially big ones just coat everything in beautiful lightness and brightness and freshness.  And tomorrow when the sun is supposed to shine, it’ll be even more glorious.

I just finished shoveling our walkway and sidewalk.  Great exercise and fresh air!  Took some snaps for my faraway snow loving friends. 

PS.  Silke, I'm making room in the freezer for your snowballs!


Remember having GTs on this deck?

Finished shovelling.  More snow coming. 

No comments: