Tuesday, 4 September 2007

Special Day

Today is a special day. It is the first day of school at home and I'm not there. It is very cool to be here in Berlin on the first day of school, even though it's cold and raining and my plan of roaming around the city centre might have to be revised somewhat. On the other hand, I have to admit that it is also very strange that I'm not at school today. I feel a little weird. I woke up earlier than I'd expected and couldn't get back to sleep. But I also feel a little like I'm missing out on something exciting. Never mind though. I'll enjoy my cold rainy day in Berlin while everyone else is at school.

The other reason that it's a special day is that my friend Becky is having a mastectomy today and I'm continuing to pray for her and Joel but especially so today. Any other friends that are pray-ers may join in to the prayer circle today and in the days and weeks to come too. Here is a celtic prayer from a little booklet that I bought at Iona that I think is quite appropriate and I'm praying it for them:

Circle me, O God.
Keep hope within,
Despair without.

Circle me, O God.
Keep peace within,
Keep turmoil out.

Cirle me, O God.
Keep strength within,
Keep weakness out.

1 comment:

BlackberryLarry said...

Karin shared this prayer with me a few days ago. I have found it to be a very helpful and wonderful prayer. I also hope that reciting it for Becky today and in the days ahead may help her, Joel and all who are close to them.