
I love First Advent. It's always that first time of anticipation of something new and special. I love the songs and the decorations that go with it. Although I have to admit that some of the decorations are very tacky. Especially the ready made advent wreaths you can get in the flower shops or markets. Mistletoe is cool though. Huge balls of it grow in trees. I still need a picture. And they sell it in baskets at the market.

Antje and I decorated their advent wreath today. It reminds me of the poem " Draus vom Walde komm ich her, ich muss euch sagen es weihnachtet sehr". I spent most of the day on the train, it felt like. 4 hours from Wörsdorf to Aachen where Antje and Onkel Kurt picked me up. In the morning I went to church with Thomas and family. It started later than usual so we ended up having to rush to the train station. The village choir sang. They were very good. The church had a nice village feel to it.
So I’m now at my new destination. Meerssen in Holland. Tante Bärbel had made a delicious Spätzle and Rouladen dinner. And it was nice to be inside and hear the rain and the wind and catch up with each other’s lives. And I’m back online here so I can be all caught up again.
1 comment:
Hi Karin,
I've really enjoyed reading your last few entries and imagining being there singing, exploring the Christmas markets etc.
Wayne's marking exams and I'm preparing for Christmas. Also, I've started tutoring some Ridley students - satisfying work!
Tomorrow is Kim's concerto so we'll drive to Toronto and babysit (and mark exams) while the others go to the concert. One of my church friends has knit a great sweater for Hannah - I can't wait to see it on her! Another friend looked at our pictures and said, "She looks like a fun kid!" I'd never heard a baby described that way but it's good.
Lots of church activities ......
All for now, and have a wonderful Christmas!
love, Eleanor and Wayne
ps Did you know that John's Rotary exchange was near Koln, in Gummersbach?
Post a Comment