Not much to comment on since I only spent the night. It’s interesting that the focal point of the city is the cathedral square. I stayed at a cool hotel right nearby called "Off the Square". I walked in because it was very close to the bus station and the i-centre and it looked totally cool. Very artsy with beautiful drapes and paintings and candles on the staircase. And reasonable too. And they have free internet! Not many places offer that at all. And the reception guy was nice. He was very chatty and after I came back from my evening activity we chatted for a very long time. He went to teacher’s college and did one of his practicums in China!
I went to see a movie. It was called “Hunting and Gathering” or in French “Ensemble c’est tout”. It’s a French movie with the actress who played Amelie and a French version of Patrick Dempsey. It was so beautiful. I loved it. I smiled through much of it. Partly too because it takes place in Paris. And I love Paris! At the beginning of the movie she lives in this small servant quarter’s room just like the one I lived in when I was in Paris. And the story is very beautiful too, how the different strengths of the little group are able to bring the best out in each other, helping each other to grow and love in new ways.
I got chatting to a guy on the bus from Akaroa back to Christchurch. He's taking a course in Christchurch and spent his weekend off in Akaroa. We ended up grabbing a bite to eat when we got there. And I'm staying at the cool hotel again except this time I got myself a better room for the same price!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A Canadian watching a French movie in New Zealand! What a hoot!
Post a Comment