


I convinced my aunt to take a road trip with me. That’s a pretty big accomplishment!
We went to visit her aunt, my grandmother’s youngest sister at her farm in Himmelstadt near Würzburg. It was a lot of driving for an afternoon but it was a lovely one and everyone was happy to see each other. We had Kaffee und Kuchen and then later had a tour of their farm. We saw the gardens and the animals and ate the very ripe, sweet cherries right off the tree. My father would have been completely in his element. We took Rebecca’s car and their GPS navi system. We laughed at how she talked to us and were annoyed when she wouldn’t listen to us. And on the way home were barred from the on ramp to the Autobahn twice even and so had to drive through small Bavarian towns for a while before we could join up with it again. That was a nice little twist. We got home late but we were both happy.

Otherwise I’ve been hanging about Rheinstetten and Karlsruhe, shopping, visiting, babysitting, making Koenigsberger Klopse, playing games…there’s a new Phase 10, Gaby’s birthday, other parties, sometimes watching soccer, bumping into people I know in town, the crazy hail storm we had a few days ago shortly before Rihm’s 50th wedding anniversary, visiting Schemeit cousins in Speyer, telling stories, showing pictures to anyone who is in the least bit interested… I'm enjoying Jan. He's asking lots of questions and wants to know specifically about the places I've been to and has seen my safari pics several times now and explains the pics now to others. Very cool. He's 11.
Next on to Paris tomorrow. Yahoo! I’m very excited. I’m meeting up with my friends Evan and John and we will have a great time. Then the plan is to go to Lithuania via Holland and Schemeit cousins there.
1 comment:
Karin!
I hope you, Moo and John have TONS of fun in France!
O and I want to hear more SEXY men stories with pictures!!! hehe
Love Sonya
xoxo
Post a Comment