I was at home this last week and a bit. It was strange being there only really because it didn’t feel all that strange. It didn’t feel like I’d been away for a long time. It was mostly just natural. Truth be told, I didn’t feel a lot of anything actually. I think I may have just turned off that part of my brain until I actually get home for real. But that’s ok because I do also have the notion that it’ll all be ok when I do actually get home. I saw a few people but not many. Mostly family. I spent a chunk of the time in St Catharines and another chunk of time getting reacquainted with Hannah. She’ll be a year soon and is much changed since I first met her in October. She is very sweet and adorable and so cute. She babbles and crawls and explores and climbs. She smiles and claps her hands, loves books and music too. It was good to experience a snippet in her development. I dropped in at school one afternoon when I was in Toronto running errands. Thought I’d check in and see how their last stretch is going. It seems some students are looking forward to having me back and insisting that I must teach French next year because apparently that’s what I’m about and they can’t imagine me teaching anything else…let alone gym!
The last stretch takes me back to Europe. Plan A, which was to go to East Prussia with my parents, fell through and I realized that that meant I could have stayed in the southern hemisphere longer just a little too late. So I’m on my way back to Europe with a Plan B not really in the works yet. It’ll include another little visit to Paris and hopefully a camping adventure in Lithuania. And that’s all the detail I have at the moment. I’m flying through Heathrow to get there with a 5 hour lay-over at their new terminal. And the rest will unfold as it comes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment