Here's my round the world ticket schedule. I will be able to change dates if I need to but this is pretty much my plan.
Jan 18: Frankfurt-London-Entebbe (Uganda) I got that Elforlima flight I was hoping for. Juhuu! So I'm meeting the friends from Trafalgar Church that I'm going to Uganda with in London. We'll then all travel and arrive there together. The people from Masooli-Kitettika who are hosting us have arranged to pick us up from the airport.
Feb 7: Friends from Trafalgar Church return home. I hope to be able to stay longer in Masooli to help at the learning centre. That's something that will either develop or not out of the three weeks that I'm already there. My plan B includes a new contact I have near Kampala. He is the nephew of Katharina (German minister in Toronto) and lives there with his family. My other plan B could include a visit to my brother's friend who is working near Mt Kilimanjaro in Tanzania.
Feb 22: Nairobi. I'm meeting a camping adventure tour company and joining them for a camping adventure through Kenya and Tanzania. http://www.intrepidtravel.com/trips/YSW
They are keeping their eyes on the situation in Kenya happening right now and will cancel the tour if it is unsafe to go then.
March 7: Camping adventure ends in Nairobi.
March 8: Fly to Johannisburg. I have not booked this flight yet. It is not part of my RTW because the One World Alliance carriers don't fly this route. I haven't booked it yet because of the uncertainty in Kenya.
March 9: Johannisburg-Sydney-Adelaide (Australia)
March 12: Begin camping adventure in Australia leaving from Adelaide to Alice Springs http://www.intrepidtravel.com/trips/POA. It's with the same company as the one in Africa.
March 22: Alice Springs
March 23: Alice Springs-Brisbane My friend Charles and his family lives in Brisbane. I will visit with them and some other new friends I met in the summer.
April 23: Brisbane-Melbourne
May 10: Melbourne-Auckland (New Zealand)
May 28: Auckland-Los Angeles I leave in the afternoon of the 28th and arrive in the morning of the 28th. That will be weird.
May 29: LA-Dallas-Vancouver I can only fly with certain carriers who have bizarre routes I guess.
June 4: Seattle-Chicago-Buffalo I can only fly with certain carriers who have bizarre routes. They don't fly Vancouver to Toronto for example.
June 8: Toronto-London-Frankfurt I started in Frankfurt so have to end in Frankfurt. And am hoping to still get an East Prussia excursion in in June. We'll see how that all works out.
Sometime after that: Frankfurt-Toronto And then I guess that's it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment