Friday, 18 January 2013

We are in Mexico!


We have arrived in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.  It is on the Pacific Coast just about in the middle.  It is very beautiful and different here.  We are staying at my parents’ friend’s place, Lucille.  She is here for a few months in the winter and rents a condo in a building right by the beach in the old part of town.   It’s nice to be part of the town.  The all-inclusive resorts mostly are farther out of town, between here and the airport.  Larry and I walked up the street this morning to view a bit more of the old part of town.  Not far did we have to walk and we were pretty much the only white people left.  It was cool to just soak in the real life of PV.  Kids were walking home from school at lunchtime and laundry was being hung and stores were being kept.  We ended up at The Red Onion along the beach for a snack and a drink and spent the whole afternoon there.  Not only because the margaritas were good but also the service and the view.  No hassling from white-clad street vendors, pelicans diving into the water to catch their delicious fish, parachute sailors floating by.  (I was tempted to try that, but I didn’t think it would be wise after 3 margaritas and a bunch ‘a guacamole.)  I didn’t think I was a great warm weather person, but in the shade under the palm trees with the blue sky and the waves crashing and a margarita…who can really complain??  Now I’m lying on Lucille’s couch with a view of the palm trees and beach…I think it’s time for a nap!

No comments: