Thursday, 15 November 2007

Baptism


The other big event in October ended up being Hannah’s baptism on the Thanksgiving weekend. I love Hannah. It was so beautiful to meet her. She’s so sweet and adorable. I got to babysit every Thursday afternoon while I was home. And staying a week at Kim and John’s was great too. The baptism was on Sunday afternoon at Ridley College and John’s father performed the ceremony. Many friends and family came. About 50 people. We formed quite a nice congregation.
John’s sister Katie and I are co-godmothers. Perfect. Hannah likes playing with her hands. After the baptism she had her hands folded sweetly together as if she was praying. I carried her through the congregation introducing her to all of her new friends. She’s so beautiful. She was wearing the same gown that Kim, Mark and I wore when we were baptized and wrapped a bit in the Fraser tartan sash that I got her in Scotland. Did I mention that she’s so beautiful? There was a lovely celebration at the Fraser’s home afterwards. It was great to see so many friends and family.

Hannah is so sweet and beautiful and adorable. She's so happy. She smiles a lot and laughs now too. She's discovering all sort of different things she can do with her voice; talking, shrieking, buzzing her lips. I saw in the month that I was there how she grew and developed, getting stronger in holding herself up. It was most difficult to leave her. I can't believe the next time I see her she'll already be a year old.

No comments: