Sunday, 4 July 2010
Inner Sanctum
I have privately taken to calling the small solo group, that I am also a part of, the Inner Sanctum. There is a bit of an elitist aura about this group and so I’ve played it up a bit. Let me tell you that it is stressful being in the Inner Sanctum. We’re right up in the centre first row, in front of Howard, and well there’s not a lot of room to make mistakes. I commented to one of the IS tenors after yesterday’s concert that I had been concentrating so hard during the concert that now I was exhausted. “It’s hard holding up a whole section, isn’t it?’ was his sanctimonious response.
Of course, I wouldn’t want to be kicked out of the Inner Sanctum. I am very tickled that Howard seems to think my voice is strong and good enough for the sound he is looking for. Sometimes I think he just hasn’t caught on to me, or that the pickings must be slim. (The other day he said something about some of us breathing in odd places in the phrase.) But then I hear that the others beside me aren’t perfect either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment