Yumm. One of the other reasons I decided to come on the choir tour was that it was going to bring us to Salzburg. And in Salzburg they have very delicious Spinatknödel. I've eaten them there before at the Mozarthaus. And they're as good as I remember them. Worth the trip.

Now I was very pleasantly surprised that on a menu in a little café near our hotel there was Schnittlauchbrot. I thought my colleagues at work would particularly appreciate this tidbit of information. I have been teased mercilessly in the past about some of the uncanadian lunches I bring to school. Chive sandwich was one of those odditites. And here it was as plain as day on a menu in Salzburg. The waiter asked me what Schnittlauchbrot is called in English. "There's no such thing", I replied. He couldn't believe it and that I get laughed at was even more astonishing to him. :-)

2 comments:
Did he has a special siccors for the chives?:)
See you soon!
All I'll say is, CHIVE SANDWICHES???? lol It's all good Karin, you think it's weird that I just open La Vache quit rit and eat it! ;o) ---Erin
Post a Comment