Wednesday, 11 July 2007

Concerts

Tuesday July 10th
I haven’t been as excited about these concerts as I was in the last tour. So far my favourite singing parts have been the spontaneous singing in the couple of churches we’ve been in. I’ve been disenchanted with the venues. The last hall we sang in, in Veliko Tarnovo was in a military hall. The acoustics were the best here by far but it was crowded and boiling hot on stage and it was a little difficult to enjoy. There weren’t many in the audience but those that were there enjoyed it very much. It’s cute to see them overjoyed, and asking the soloists for their autographs. We have one concert left to do in Istanbul. I was curious as to why Howard Dyck chose to pair Haydn’s Lord Nelson Mass with familiar opera choruses, and I have yet to ask him, but it’s been clear that the opera choruses are definitely the show stoppers. We have one more concert in Istanbul and it’s supposed to be in a cathedral. So we’ll see.

No comments: