Sunday, 1 July 2007

Moving Days



Thursday and Friday were my moving days. They were two whirlwind days but I pretty much got everything out and packed up. Tying up loose ends at school on Thursday was fun, saying good-bye and walking out of the staffroom before the big staff meeting was quite enjoyable. I can’t believe quite yet that I’m not going to be there in September. On the other hand my mind has already begun doing a pretty good job in disconnecting. It spends its time thinking about the things I have to still do, the places I’m going to as opposed to starting to plan school for the next year. It’s very nice.

Moving was actually kind of hard. Except I fortunately didn’t have time to think about just how hard it was. I’ve loved living in my pad. My friends Larry and George kindly came to help. Earlier in the week Susan and George had come to help pack up my kitchen. It’s a very good thing. I don’t think I would have managed. Ok. So the movers came and loaded all of my furniture into a big crate, except my couch didn’t fit. And then drove it away. Having a break later in the evening to play beach volleyball and go out for a drink after was very nice. Friday I finished up packing leftover things and cleaning. When I discovered that there was no more room for more stuff in my car I got the bright idea to call my sister with her SUV to come and help me. That saved me. I was starting to get overwhelmed. There are just a few more things that she and John will finish getting organized before closing in September. We three then had lunch went shopping and had dinner. And then said goodbye. I stayed overnight at the Donaldson’s again, in my old room. And Wendy took on a couple of things for me that I still had on my plate but didn’t actually have time to do. It’s a good thing I have so many good people in my life.

Now I’m in Kitchener. We have rehearsals for the concert tour this weekend. Yesterday’s rehearsals were great with a BBQ in between hosted by Howard Dyck and his family. It was great fun getting to know some of the people on the tour. I think my roomie and I will get along quite nicely! She’s Bulgarian and a teacher too and very funny it seems. The weather is perfect and the excitement is mounting. After rehearsal today I’m off to St Catharines to unload the rest of the things in my car and visit with my parents. And then tomorrow afternoon I fly away! Happy Canada Day!

1 comment:

kirsten said...

Liebe Karin!
Gerade habe ich Deinen neuen Bericht gelesen. Guten Flug morgen und dann toi, toi, toi für all Deine Vorhaben. Und Weihnachten: Willkommen in good old germany. Wir freuen uns sehr auf ein Wiedersehen! Die Freymann-family