Monday, 23 July 2007

Pilgrimage

Getting to Heiligenstein where we're staying for the pilgrimage was fun. Took the train to Strasbourg, autocar to Barr and then put on my hiking boots and hiked the 2 km up the vineyard road to Heiligenstein with my backpack on my back (valderi, valdera)

It was fun. Spent the afternoon napping, cleaning up, having quiet time before the other pilgrims arrived. We had a nice evening beginning to get to know each other. Dinner was soooo good. Tarte a l'onion and then chicken and spaetzele. It was like having my mom's home cooked meals.

We're beginning our journey today with worship in an hour at the village church. We were woken up at 6:30 by church bells. And I thought I'd get caught up on my blog posting so that I don't fall too far behind. I'm having picture issues at the moment so I'll add those in later when I get that problem sorted out.

2 comments:

Katharina said...

Liebe Karin!
Es ist sehr interessant zu lesen, was Du alles erlebt hast, seit wir uns zuletzt gesehen haben. Danke für den Bericht bis hierher. Wir werden Dich auf diese Weise weiter begleiten.
Eine e-mail kommt später zu Dir.
Alles Liebe für Dich und viel Freude auf allen weiteren Wegen!
Katharina

k said...

hallo karin,
hab gehört, du hast soo viel zu tun, dass es mit einem treffen nicht klappt?
mein englisch wird aufgefrischt, danke.
lg k