Tuesday, 25 March 2008
Alice Springs
My Outback camping tour finished in Alice Springs. I had made arrangements with Kristine’s friend in Alice Springs to be able to stay there for the night. They had consequently also invited me for Easter dinner which they were having on Sat night since Norm had to work on Sunday. Bonus for me. I was feeling a little left out of the dinner and party that the rest of the camping group planned to do but on the other hand I had also just spent the last 11 days with them and it was time to move on. Nikki picked me up at the backpacker’s hostel where we all got dropped off. The shower I took when I got to her house was the best ever shower in a long time. They had turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, veggies for their Easter dinner. It was strange to be eating this wintery meal in the hot, dry desert out on their back deck. But it tasted very delicious! We chatted for quite a long time until I could no longer keep my eyes open. In the morning the Easter Billbie had brought me a chocolat billbie. (A billbie is not unlike a bunny but with a long tail. And chocolat ones are particular good.) After breakfast in the morning Nikki took me to the airport, gave me a big hug and that was the end of my Alice Springs visit. I happened to meet Danny and Agneta at the airport. Danny ended up being on my flight. They filled me in on the group events I’d missed the night before. Easter dinner at Nikki’s was a better choice. I enjoyed the beautiful view of the red sand desert sea from the airplane.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay! You made it to Nicole (years ago, she wasn't called Nikki). I'm glad that worked out so well, with the shower and the Easter dinner. And the chocolate billbie, of course.
I don't know if she told you, but the hug was from me :)
Post a Comment