
The Morleys are my friends in Brisbane. I met Charles 16 years ago when he was visiting my friend John Paul and I ended up showing him around Toronto a bit. We’ve been pen pals ever since. It’s cool because although we’d really only seen each other three times when he was in Toronto we feel like we’ve known each other for a long time and that we’re old friends getting back together. It feels like time hasn’t passed at all. His wife Steph is very lovely and I’m glad I finally got to meet her. Their children are sweet. They love me already. Even Phoebe, who is the quiet, shy, anti-social one, smiles at me and occasionally talks to me much to the surprise of her parents. Sophie is 8 and Emily is 6 and Phoebe 3. Charles, Sophie and Emily came to pick me up at the airport on Sunday and the girls had made a lovely “Welcome Karin” sign with kangaroos and emus and a snowman, in case I was missing the snow, and a thingy-ma-bob too. It was a lovely welcome. It’s nice to have some down time here. I reckon I’ll have to get into exploring Brisbane soon but in the meantime down time at a home is what I need. And they have a great couch! And I’m liking this swing.
No comments:
Post a Comment