-large tray of sunglasses for sale
-suitcase
-plaid plasticky bag like Mark has stuffed with stuff and tied together with a yellow rope
-jerrycan ( more if they're empty one if it's full with water)
-large bucket filled with water and one more in each hand coming up steep mountain slope, maybe even with baby on your back
-baskets of fruit
-big bundles of elephant grass or weedy animal feed or straw
-long sticks of firewood
long sticks of sugarcane
-firewood with another bundle of something on top
-huge bags of charcoal or cement mix
-plastic shopping baskets with groceries and child tied to your back
-coffee table
-armchair
-basket of live chickens (other ways to carry live chickens include having them in a regular plastic grocery bag with their heads sticking out of the holes made in the sides, or you can just tie them to the back of a boda boda)
Chickens and babies are much more docile here. Could it be the climate? One baby ,that was sitting on her mother's lap beside me in the dalla dalla (cram packed minibus) from Arusha to Moshi last week, crawled into my lap and fell asleep in my arms. That was so cute.
I tried carrying a banana fibre basket of 3 avocados home on my last day of school. It didn't work very well and the kids accompanying me home killed themselves laughing.
I'm waiting for the ferry to Zanzibar. Going there for the second time. We missed the 12 oclock ferry, the 2 oclock broke down two days ago so it's not running at all. HAve to wait for 4. Fortunately Musila and I found this lovely air con internet cafe in Dar es Salaam in a swanky part of town and so don't have to melt out in the boiling sun. It's very hot out here on the coast. Cool in the mountains. I had to actually wear my wool sweater at night, but boiling on the coast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Chickens in plastic bags! I love that. It sounds like you are seeing new sights and meeting new friends, and I am surprised you are able to post anything at all!
Maybe our boda boda ride seems tame to you by now?
Post a Comment