
Feb 19
I spent the day en route. En route to Zanzibar. It was good. The flight went well. I had a window seat and the view was amazing. We flew over Lake Victoria and much dry, arid land in Tanzania. We headed toward Kilimanjaro. The very coolest thing ever was flying past a volcano spewing billowing clouds of black smoke. I thought of the Little Prince. It was spectacular.
We stopped in Kilimanjaro, picked up passengers, flew over more arid, dry land then over ocean, specked with white wave dots and patches of beautiful turquoise before landing in Zanzibar. I got a crazy little taxi to take me to my hotel in Stone Town which is simple and quaint but has beautiful Zanzibar furniture and a nice hot shower that I spent a nice chunk of time in. I had a short walk after arriving but didn’t stay out too long because it got dark and I don’t want to walk around alone in a new place in the dark. Now I’m tired and ready for bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment