
The connection: Tobias is the nephew of Katharina (the German Lutheran minister in Toronto) and Burkhart. He’s married and living in Uganda with his family, between Kampala and Entebbe. They came to visit me one day at the centre near the beginning of my time in Uganda, had their second baby 2 weeks ago and welcomed me to their home yesterday and today. They picked me up yesterday in Kampala, I went with Sarah to do some shopping at the market and then we headed to their lovely home in the very little village of Lumuli off Entebbe road. They have a beautiful plot of land, up on a hillside with a gorgeous view that includes a snippet of Lake Victoria. The back borders on forest and monkeys come out to raid their garden. Apparently there’s also a leopard around once in a while. He’s been heard more often than seen. And of course I spent way too little time there and didn’t see either. They built the house themselves and it still needs more work but it’s spacious and quiet and clean. Elija is one and 5 months. He’s very cute and personable. And Jona is two weeks and small and beautiful. It was a refreshing visit. I had a very nice, quiet sleep without earplugs. Though I did wake up at 5 and had a hard time going back to sleep. They all took me to the airport in the morning and I flew off to my next adventure. I’m ready to go. It’s good to be on the road again. And it feels nice to be alone for a change. It’s been awhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment