Friday, 22 February 2008
Water shortage
The dry season is still on. It’s very hot and very dry. I have a new appreciation for water. The Lubega’s water tank which is supplied by rain water is empty and they have to go and buy water in jerry cans. The toilet they put in for me because they don’t believe I can pee in a hole of course uses way too much water, as does the shower. It takes five jerry tanks to fill the water tank that supplies the shower and the toilet and you have to climb up a ladder to fill the tank. I stopped using them a long time ago. The other day Mr. Lubega caught me using the pit latrine. He was very surprised. He said he had been worried about what I would be using since there was no more water in the toilet. I told him I’d been using the pit latrine practically the whole time. He was impressed. Said I was African now. It’s amazing how little water one can get by on in a basin to bathe and still feel pretty clean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment