Monday, 28 April 2008

Dumb Phase


I’m in a bit of a dumb phase at the moment. I hope I get myself out of it soon. I started thinking about how it’s already the end of April and how I’m nearing the end chapters of my journeys and how I’ll have to go back to school in September. I guess I’m worrying a bit about that. I don’t feel ready to go back. I like not really having responsibilities. I like moving on, every so often, to new places and spaces and faces. It feels like I’ll be going back to the same circle that I go around and around in. Last night I had a dream that it was my first day back at school and I broke down in tears in front of my class because I didn’t want to be there.

It’s all very silly because a while back I had a phase where I was thinking about all the different ways I might share my experiences with my students. And it’s silly because I still have a good three months to go with adventures ahead. So there’s no need to dwell on it. And it’s silly because it’s not like I’m unhappy at home. It's not like there's anything wrong with my circle. So I do hope I get myself out of this dumb phase soon. It probably doesn’t help that I’ve had a bit of a cold and am feeling energetically low in the last week or so. Maybe once I get over that, all will be back to how it should be.

No comments: