Monday, 19 November 2012

Not Travelling Alone


On my last 4 over 5 I travelled alone.  I met many people along the way and joined tours, but essentially was travelling on my own.  This time it’s different.  I’m travelling with my mom and Larry.  Flying with my mom is easy.  She gets the royal treatment, and as her entourage then so do we.  Wheelchair service gets you through quicker and first on the plane so you have time to get settled.   Stopping in Reykjavik broke the flight up nicely so the plane ride didn’t seem so long and tedious.   Here in Germany, there’s a balancing act to do.  Besides visiting with my people, I also feel the need to make sure that my mother is okay and that Larry understands what is going on.  It’s probably my "oldest child syndrome" kicking in…but such it is.  It seems that we’re doing pretty well.  We had all sorts of plans and wishes though, of things we wanted to do and places we wanted to see but realized that we’re not going to be able to do them all.  So we had to cut some things out of our itinerary.   And that’s okay too.  I guess we’ll have to make it up the next time. 

No comments: