These are my birthday guests. The Thomsons are the best. They decided to have a little family dinner reunion which turned inconspicuously into a birthday party clad with birthday cake and presents. I was very surprised! It was much fun and the kids are all very cute, especially little Jamie who sat out on the porch with Mary (aka Gran) and I "sunrising" on the lawn chair. I am very much included as part of the family. More God moments. :-)
It's pouring rain today and I'm off to Iona.
2 comments:
Dear Karin,
Your trip and your group sound great! I've not posted on a blog before and don't know if this will work so can you reply?
Hannah and her parents are doing wonderfully. I have a sequence of 4 pix of her with Wayne that I'll send to your email if you like.
I loved Iona! My great grandfather John Black was born there and left at age 2. There's a book in the Heritage Centre on the Black family so you can find our names if you like. He moved with his mother and step father (McCallum??) to north of Toronto. He had 8 children, one of whom was my grandma Mary who had 4 children, the oldest of whom was my dad Alexander (one of many with that name, including my sister and daughter (Sandy and Alexa) and now Hannah's middle name is Sandra!
Enjoy the services at the church and tea at the Argyle Hotel.
love, Eleanor and Wayne
Karin, so glad to hear that you made it to Scotland OK. After you left London I walked up to Buckingham Palace - the queen was somewhere but must have forgotten our tea time! Anyway, the shuttle to airport worked great and the flight home was fine. Now I'm back at work and play - feel totally rejeuvenated by the pilgrimage and the visit although I really don't want to stay in that hotel again!
I'm waiting for an Iona update, take care, Helen
Post a Comment