I particularly enjoyed St. Mungo's for its wonderful exhibits of religious art. Very educational. My idea that we should be teaching world religions in the public school system came back to me. Perhaps I should study world religions and do some curriculum writing. Would the Ministry go for it?
I arrived here on Tuesday. The pilgrimage ended on Sunday morning with the fire alarm going off at 5:45 and everyone having to evacuate the building. No fire though and we luckily still had enough time to get dressed, finish packing and get off to London in plenty of time. We were all dropped off at Heathrow and those of us staying made our own way into London on the Underground. Helen and I managed quite nicely though we were exhausted by the time we found the hotel which was not the best I’ve been in by far. Though it was conveniently placed and we did a bunch of walking around. We were both disappointed by Westminster Abbey. Mainly because there were so many people packed in that you really could not get much out of it. Tuesday morning I got on the train and headed up to Scotland. John picked me up from the train station in Hamilton, just outside of Glasgow. I got to do my laundry and am having a lot of relaxing time. On Wednesday Julie’s sister Paula and family came over. We had dinner out on the deck and later the kids played Guitar Heros Playstation. I got a turn too with some coaching from Rob.
.jpg)
On to Iona tomorrow. I’m looking forward to that. I’ve got a school choir gig when I get back. John arranged for me to teach some African songs to the school choir the week after I get back from Iona. They start school next week, the poor dears. Back to school ads are not having any effect on me. Then I plan to do some hiking on the West Highland Trail. And so we're all up to date.
No comments:
Post a Comment