Friday, 10 August 2007

I'm an aunt!

Aug 5

Very exciting news that has been developing over the last couple of weeks is that I’ve become a real aunt. And now it’s official. It’s been difficult to be away and not be able to join in with this monumental excitement in our family. Kim and John successfully adopted a beautiful little baby girl. It happened so quickly. There was no hint of any possibility when I left and then all of a sudden there was this news. Hannah Sandra was born on June 26th. She was about 3 weeks old when Kim and John got to bring her home. Sandra is the name that her birth mother had given her. I love that they left that in her name. I can’t wait to meet her when I’m home in October. I’m so happy for Kim and John and also for my mom and dad who finally get to be Oma and Opa. (That’s still very weird sounding for me.) I'm glad they're sending me pics regularly.

No comments: