Who would ever have thought that I would get culture shock arriving in Germany? Not I. I arrived in Berlin yesterday, or should I say back in Turkey. My brother lives in the Little Turkey of Berlin. And I do have to say that Turkey in Turkey is nicer than here in Berlin. The parts of Turkey I saw are much cleaner than this neighbourhood. Why do people write on walls? Throw their rubbish in the streets? Not pick up after their dogs? I don't understand that they don't mind living in it. These are all things each person can deal with themselves, at no cost, no matter what social circle you belong to. You don't need to be well off.
It's good to see my brother again. We got caught up a bit yesterday though his place seems to be a revolving door for his eccentric friends. Dani and Andrew were most involved in today's drama. I've organized a nice little space for myself in the spare room and I'll figure out what I want to see around here. It should be great!
I'll post Mark's big news when I have a pic to go with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment